Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy. This is why in 2021 we were recognized as one of the Top 10 Places to Work in Ottawa and one of the Best Places to Work in Canada by gamesindustry.biz!
We are currently looking to add a passionate Senior 3D Generalist Artist to our already amazing (and growing!) team. As a “Snowmie” artist, you will have the opportunity to apply your passions for art and gaming in a creative, supportive environment, and will have a direct impact on the development of top-tier games – including some of the most popular AAA titles in the industry!
Are you up for the challenge?
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with client studios and art directors to bring their games to life
- Matching existing art styles to create 3D game ready assets
- Sculpting, modelling, and texturing characters, props, and environment assets in a variety of art styles
- Reviewing quality of assets from internal and outsourced art teams and providing feedback
- Troubleshooting 3D asset and scene issues and suggest solutions
- Building a solid relationship with your game development peers in-house and around the world
- Supporting your team mates to accomplish goals
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 4+ years professional experience or equivalent 3D technical experience
- Strong understanding of 3D art pipeline and ability to solve integration issues as they arise
- Strong knowledge in digital art software: Photoshop, Zbrush, 3DSMax/Maya/Blender, Surface painter, etc
- Ability to work in and switch between multiple art styles
- Experience integrating art into game engines: Unity, Unreal etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Open-minded and team-oriented
- Curious and always learning
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Portfolio of applicable work
- Post-secondary diploma in 3D art, game development or equivalent experience
- 3D Animation experience
- Ability to create concept art and visualize design ideas in 2D and 3D
- Experience creating shaders and custom materials
- Experience leading art teams
- Shipped game(s)
- Experience working directly with external clients
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work in triple-A, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of work
- Comprehensive benefits package that covers Dental Care, Health Care (including out of country coverage), Vision Care, Long Term Disability, Physio, Massage etc.
- Generous leave policies including 3 weeks paid vacation (plus 1 week over the Holiday Season), unlimited sick leave and 2 paid personal days. We also provide parental leave top-up and an Employee and Family Assistance Plan that offer 24/7 free and confidential help with your physical and mental health.
- RRSP Matching and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Financial assistance with relocation to Ottawa, ON
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience and an amazing culture – we have board game nights, movie, nights, arcade tournaments, and more to help blow off steam and hang out together.
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
- A way-cool hoodie!
- Office Location: 981 Wellington Street West, Ottawa Ontario Canada
- Primary Working Language: English
- Salary Range: $70,000 to $100,000