Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy. This is why we were recognized as one of the Top 10 Places to Work in Ottawa and one of the Best Places to Work in Canada by gamesindustry.biz!
We are currently looking to add an experienced Technical UI Artist to our already amazing team. As a “Snowmie” Tech UI Artist you will be responsible for developing features & content for our UI/UX production pipeline. While this is not an engineering role, creating real-time UI can be technically complex and we do expect a technically adept artist who can quickly adapt to in-house tools and script environments.
Using your previous expertise and knowledge you will be the go-to person for integrating feature screens into the UI workflow, leveraging different UX techniques to their full potential and focusing on what makes an amazing user experience that supports gameplay.
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be doing
- Contribute to build, improve and maintain a visual library of Sketch components for use in building UI screens.
- Work with Rendering, Tools and Feature Engineering teams to streamline UI Art Processes, Workflows and Pipelines.
- Using Sketch, deliver a large scale of optimized UI content for the custom XAML pipeline.
- Collaborate with the UI Art Director, UX Leads and UI/UX designers to help implement the feature screens.
- Implement UI screens which include data driven, dynamic layouts, animations and transitions.
- Work from visual comps, motions designs and style guides to translate complex UX wireframes and UI visual concepts into in-game UI.
- Identify and help develop new process flows and tools to optimize the UI/UX pipeline.
- Target and address any art-related technical issues.
- Work with a group of incredibly talented people on a well-established AAA title!
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong understanding of UI/UX production, UX Design principles and a sensitivity & discerning eye for typography and graphic design.
- Experience working and communicating with production artists in a mixed PC and Mac environment; experience with Sketch is a major plus!
- The ability to adapt to and innovate with new technologies.
- Ability to create technical documentation on production pipeline and art content.
- Prior experience in crafting User Interfaces within custom game engines and/or Unreal, Unity.
- Up to date knowledge of current art techniques and development processes.
- Strong collaborative nature to partner with artists, art directors and engineers.
- You’re player-focused, passionate, and innovative and have an interest in accessibility and multi-platform scalable UI.
- Prior experience in UX architecture & UI Development.
- Passion for video games and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work in triple-A, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of work
- Comprehensive benefits package that covers Dental Care, Health Care (including out of country coverage), Vision Care, Long Term Disability, Physio, Massage etc.
- Generous leave policies including 4 weeks paid vacation (plus 1 week over the Holiday Season), unlimited sick leave and 2 paid personal days. We also provide parental leave top-up and an Employee and Family Assistance Plan that offer 24/7 free and confidential help with your physical and mental health.
- RRSP Matching and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Financial assistance with relocation to Ottawa, ON
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience and an amazing culture – we have board game nights, movie, nights, arcade tournaments, and more to help blow off steam and hang out together.
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
- A way-cool hoodie!
- Office Location: 250 City Centre Avenue (City Centre Tower), Ottawa Ontario Canada
- Primary Working Language: English
- Salary Range: $65,000 to $100,000