Snowed In Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you’re happy.
We are currently looking to add experienced Game Engine & Systems Programmers to our already amazing team. As a “Snowmie” programmer, you will use your awesome skills in C++ / C# to help our client studios to bring their games to realization. You will work with other experienced programmers and multi-disciplinary teams to implement & optimize game features.
You will use your passion for games, insatiable curiosity, and versatility to work on a variety of projects and across all aspects of game development. In return, you will be part of a creative and supportive team environment with the ability to have a direct impact on the development of top-tier games.
Are you up for the challenge?
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with client studios to bring their games to realization
- Write clear, maintainable, highly functional code and portable C++ code
- Support and maintain existing systems
- Designing, implementing, and debugging game features
- Working on game toolsets and pipelines
- Analyzing and optimizing runtimes
- Collaborating on systems and tools to help designers implement their creative vision
- Building a solid relationship with your programming peers in-house and around the world
- Supporting your team mates to accomplish goals
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 4+ years game industry C++ development programming experience with at least 3+ years of engine experience
- Very strong C++ design and coding experience with strong understanding of the fundamentals
- Experience in building multithreaded, real-time systems
- Experience writing systems balancing performance and maintainability
- Emphasizes a deeper understanding of what the code is doing, not just that it works
- Experience profiling and optimizing both CPU and GPU utilization
- Experience working in large codebases
- Understands how to analyze and optimize code
- Strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable with vector and matrix math and good with algorithms
- Understands various design patterns and their benefits/draw backs
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
- Experience with animation, 3D graphics, audio, AI, or gameplay programming
- Shipped game(s)
- Experience working directly with external clients
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work in triple-A, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of work
- Comprehensive benefits package that covers Dental Care, Health Care (including out of country coverage), Vision Care, Long Term Disability, Physio, Massage etc.
- Generous leave policies including 3 weeks paid vacation (plus 1 week over the Holiday Season), unlimited sick leave and 2 paid personal days. We also provide parental leave top-up and an Employee and Family Assistance Plan that offer 24/7 free and confidential help with your physical and mental health.
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience and an amazing culture – we have board game nights, movie, nights, arcade tournaments, and more to help blow off steam and hang out together.
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
- A way-cool hoodie!
- Office Location: 981 Wellington Street West, Ottawa Ontario Canada
- Primary Working Language: English
- Salary Range: $57,000 to $100,000
Snowed In Studios is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.